30-minute playthrough gives first look at how the heavy metal action-platformer is shaping up.
The of Valfaris have released a gameplay video that provides the first big look at the game, our upcoming action-platformer and the next forged-from-heavy-metal game from the team behind the brutal cult indie hit, Slain: Back From Hell.
Included in the 30-minute playthrough:
- Sections of the game’s first two levels – Landing Pad and Eco Chambers – including boss encounters
- Five of the 30-ish (approx.) weapons that will be in the final game: Plasma Pistol, Therion’s Own, Hellwraith, Hellhammer, and Wolflight
- Details of how the save system and weapon upgrades work
- Chance to hear some of ex-Celtic Frost guitarist Curt Victor Bryant’s music for the game
- First look at the headbanging animation \m/
Valfaris is currently scheduled to launch on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Release date is still TBC, but they’re aiming for late 2018/early 2019.
About the game
Steam page: http://bit.ly/SteamValfaris
Valfaris is a heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer and the next game from the team behind Unity Awards finalist, Slain: Back From Hell. Brutal combat. Deadly enemies. Stunning pixel art. Savage soundtrack. Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole!
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness.Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant