Publisher Modus Games and developer Frozenbyte games have announced that, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will launch this fall along with the newly announced Trine: Ultimate Collection.
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will be available both physically and digitally for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC for $29.99, while Trine: Ultimate Collection will be available physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC for $49.99. The Ultimate Collection includes Trine games including Trine 4 which is a sweet deal for those looking to get the whole franchise.
About Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
The most complete Trine ever created!
Trine returns in 2.5D! The three heroes of the best-selling adventure series are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius. Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.
Prince Selius suffers from intensely dark dreams and due to his magical talents, monstrous nightmares are able to slip into reality and wreak havoc on the waking world. Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya must find the afflicted prince and resolve the desperate situation before the world is engulfed by the Nightmare Prince’s shadows.
Trine 4 reaches new heights in the series, bringing the most complete gameplay experience ever to fans and new players alike!
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to four players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
Consumers who buy Trine 4 at retail will receive:
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
- Physical Trine 4 world map
- Pre-order Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince at select retailers to get a Trine 4 cloth poster and bonus in-game content!
Those who purchase the Ultimate Collection will get:
- Physical edition bonuses. A limited-run physical version of Trine: Ultimate Collection will be available at select retailers globally. In addition to the Trine 1, 2, 3, and 4 games, this packaging includes a physical map depicting the world players will traverse, the enchanting Trine 1, 2, 3, and 4 soundtracks (download code), and a Trine 4 digital artbook (digital code).
- Pre-order Trine: Ultimate Collection at select retailers to get a Trine 4 cloth poster and bonus in-game content!